Filed under: News
So you think you want to live in the great outdoors? Let’s face it: Very few of us actually mean that. (Creepy crawlies, the natural elements … ew.) So here’s the perfect solution: a luxury home on one of Washington’s San Juan Islands with “Transformer” abilities that allow you to feel like you’re living outside — without actually having to live outside.
The shape-shifting home on Lopez Island, which adapts ingeniously to its idyllic environment, features floor-to-ceiling glass walls that can be exposed or hidden (depending on how much natural beauty you want to be drenched in). There’s a retractable roof, perfect for star-gazing, and an extendable wooden deck that allows you to dine and entertain al fresco by the water. The front of the home can “disappear” via sliding panels, which allows you to feel like the ocean is your front yard. Essentially, it confuses “the boundaries that separate a built structure and its natural surroundings.” So, yeah, basically we want this morphing house pretty bad.
See the video below, and dream along with us.
California Wave House is So Weird That It’s Awesome
Naomi Campbell’s Futuristic Russian Home: Like Something From ‘Battlestar Galactica’
‘Hobbit House’ on Bainbridge Island, Wash., Is Fit for Middle Earth
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
See homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- March 24, 2017Suburbs once again outgrowing cities after 10-year pause
- March 23, 2017Despite drop in pending home sales, California Realtors positive on spring-buying season
- March 24, 2017NAHB: White House asked for our help to get Gorsuch on Supreme Court
- March 9, 2017In The Forgettable ‘Kong: Skull Island,’ A Great Cast, Cast Aside
- March 20, 2017Do you really want to own a second home?
- March 22, 2017Here are the top 10 metros for single-family rental investors
- March 22, 2017Millennials would really prefer to live in these 10 cities
- March 24, 2017Value of housing market hits 10-year high
- March 23, 2017These 4 charts break down the details behind Millennials living at home
- March 22, 2017Experts: Don’t read too deep into February’s existing home sales drop
- March 22, 2017CoreLogic: Paying cash for houses lowest in nearly 10 years
- March 24, 2017Trulia: Housing inventory tumbles to all-new low
- March 22, 2017Existing home sales come down off 10-year high
- March 25, 2017Trump’s childhood home in New York City just sold for $2.1 million — take a look inside
- March 23, 2017How to legally hire your kids
- March 8, 2017The Best St. Patrick’s Day Resident Event Ideas for Your Renters- Infographic