Filed under: News, Selling
Is it a seller’s market? Got to these five cities, and it’s pretty clear: It sure is. In these markets, home prices are on a steady track upward, inventory is falling, and that’s making it tough for buyers to win bidding wars. Hey, that’s great for sellers. They can get higher bids on their homes, and with fewer houses on the market there’s less competition for buyers.
Nationally, the trend has been in favor of sellers. Single-family-home sales shot up 9.1 percent in January from a year prior, median home sale prices rose 12.3 percent to $173,600, and inventory was down 16.5 percent, according to the National Association of Realtors. The median number of days that homes were on the market in January was also down 9 percent to 108 days. In the top five cities to sell a home, these trends were even stronger.
MarketWatch analyzed NAR’s data to come up with the list of five best cities for home sellers. The publication found better-than-average conditions for sellers in these markets, including impressive price gains, low inventories and a healthy pool of buyers. Though sellers still aren’t getting offers as high as they would a few years ago, they’re faring better than the national average. Click through the gallery below to see the best cities for home sellers.
10 Best Cities to Own a Home
5 Warm-Weather Cities With the Hottest Housing Markets
The Happiest and Most Miserable Cities in America
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- March 10, 2017America has 3 new favorite fast-food chains — and 1 perennial love
- March 23, 2017London Parliament attacker was British-born, had been investigated in past
- March 18, 2017Chuck Berry, rock n’ roll legend, dies at 90
- March 23, 2017Islamic State claims responsibility for UK Parliament attack
- March 15, 2017Mortgage rates move higher for Wednesday
- March 21, 2017Target is fixing the most annoying part of shopping there
- March 11, 2017Trump says U.S. Secret Service did ‘fantastic job’ stopping intruder
- March 14, 2017Mortgage rates move higher for Tuesday
- March 8, 2017JCPenney is shuttering 140 locations — See if your store is at risk
- March 20, 2017Ivanka Trump to get West Wing office
- March 21, 2017Refinance rates slide for Tuesday
- March 13, 2017An intense cold snap turned this waterfront home into a striking ice castle
- March 9, 2017Mortgage rates increase for Thursday
- March 18, 2017Tillerson finally speaks: ‘The threat of North Korea is imminent’
- March 2, 2017Landlord Forms for Rentals: Lease Agreements, Notices, Disclosures, & More
- March 17, 2017US issues warning against spring break travel to Mexico