Filed under: News, Celebrity Homes
By Erika Riggs
It took a price chop, but Alicia Keys and husband Swizz Beatz finally found a buyer for their New York City penthouse. The musical couple bought the home from fellow musician Lenny Kravitz for $12.75 million in 2010 and only spent two years in the place before hoisting it on the market for $17.95 million in March 2012. Once upon a time, Kravitz tried to get the same price for the apartment; he completed a full renovation on the home and listed it but had to cut the price over a span of a few years before Keys made an offer.
Although prone to price cuts, the penthouse isn’t any less fabulous. Located in SoHo, the Crosby Street condo is uber-modern, with floor-to-ceiling windows, high ceilings and a floating staircase. The apartment has 6,167 square feet of living space, which doesn’t include the additional 3,000 square feet of terraces. Keys and Beatz listed the home after deciding to move to the suburbs. The two bought a sprawling Englewood, N.J., mansion from another A-lister, actor Eddie Murphy, in October 2012 for a reported $12 million.
Find homes for sale in New York, N.Y., or search listings in your area.
See more on Zillow:
Report: Alicia Keys Buys Englewood Estate from Eddie Murphy
Michael Jordan Returns to Roots, Buys in North Carolina
Mary J. Blige Hit With Tax Lien on New Jersey Home
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- April 17, 2017What is Cash for Keys for Rental Properties?
- March 30, 2017Ten-X predicts increase in existing home sales
- April 4, 2017Fed honcho quits; is a shakeup coming?
- April 17, 20176 two-second ways to improve your posture every day
- April 14, 20175 Earth Day Ideas for Your Multifamily Property- Infographic
- March 31, 2017You can now buy Girl Scout cookies on Amazon — but there’s a catch
- March 29, 2017Official: Tillerson to press NATO on defense spending
- April 4, 2017World’s best airplane liveries
- April 4, 2017Mosquitoes and ticks will be especially bad this summer
- April 17, 20176 things you should never store on your work computer
- March 27, 2017NFL says owners approve Raiders move to Las Vegas from Oakland
- April 14, 2017And the most competitive housing market in March is…
- April 12, 2017Mortgage rates ease for Wednesday
- March 29, 2017An alternative perspective on neighborhood stabilization
- April 17, 2017Builder confidence subsides slightly in April
- April 18, 2017Best Bites: Overnight breakfast bake