Filed under: News, Celebrity Homes
It was long ago that Tiger Woods threw his Windermere, Fla., home — the site of that car crash in 2009 that tipped off revelations of his sex scandal — on the market. But we always wondered who it was that scooped up that scandalous piece of property. Now fellow golf champ Bubba Watson is giving us some answers: It was him.
Watson told Golf.com in an interview that he closed on Tiger’s former digs last summer and has been renovating the crap out of it ever since. The renovation has changed about 95 percent of the home’s layout, and only now are he, his wife and their son, Caleb, ready to move in. “I looked at probably 50 houses before I looked at Tiger’s,” Watson said. “A lot of the houses there are old, and we ended up changing everything. We probably saved maybe 5 percent of it. We built it all around Caleb. There are, like, three playrooms.”
Property records show that Tiger bought the home for $2.475 million in 2000, but it was assessed at $2.2 million in 2012, ESPN reported. The price that Watson paid for the home was undisclosed. According to the Daily Mail, the original layout of the home pre-renovation included eight bedrooms, nine bathrooms and a swimming pool. The home measured 6,800 square feet, but Watson is reportedly expanding the size.
Watson told Golf.com that he wanted a home in a gated community to protect his family. “We’ve seen things in the news — our world is crazy,” he said. “And it’s nice to have that peace of mind when we take walks or go outside.”
Find homes for sale in Windermere, Fla., or search listings in your area.
Super Bowl Champ Ray Lewis Selling Palm Beach Trophy Home
Michael Jordan Buys Massive North Carolina Home for a Great Deal
Barry Bonds’ Beverly Hills Home Is a Real Estate Hall of Famer
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- March 23, 2017Despite drop in pending home sales, California Realtors positive on spring-buying season
- March 24, 2017NAHB: White House asked for our help to get Gorsuch on Supreme Court
- March 22, 2017Here are the top 10 metros for single-family rental investors
- March 22, 2017Experts: Don’t read too deep into February’s existing home sales drop
- March 24, 2017Trulia: Housing inventory tumbles to all-new low
- March 24, 2017Value of housing market hits 10-year high
- March 21, 2017How to improve your home with your tax refund
- March 22, 2017Millennials would really prefer to live in these 10 cities
- March 20, 2017Do you really want to own a second home?
- March 24, 2017Suburbs once again outgrowing cities after 10-year pause
- March 22, 2017Existing home sales come down off 10-year high
- March 22, 2017CoreLogic: Paying cash for houses lowest in nearly 10 years
- March 23, 2017These 4 charts break down the details behind Millennials living at home
- March 24, 2017Placester continues growth with $50 million capital raise
- March 9, 2017Removing the screws from your door could help stop a burglar from breaking in
- March 8, 2017The Best St. Patrick’s Day Resident Event Ideas for Your Renters- Infographic