Filed under: News, Celebrity Homes
It was long ago that Tiger Woods threw his Windermere, Fla., home — the site of that car crash in 2009 that tipped off revelations of his sex scandal — on the market. But we always wondered who it was that scooped up that scandalous piece of property. Now fellow golf champ Bubba Watson is giving us some answers: It was him.
Watson told Golf.com in an interview that he closed on Tiger’s former digs last summer and has been renovating the crap out of it ever since. The renovation has changed about 95 percent of the home’s layout, and only now are he, his wife and their son, Caleb, ready to move in. “I looked at probably 50 houses before I looked at Tiger’s,” Watson said. “A lot of the houses there are old, and we ended up changing everything. We probably saved maybe 5 percent of it. We built it all around Caleb. There are, like, three playrooms.”
Property records show that Tiger bought the home for $2.475 million in 2000, but it was assessed at $2.2 million in 2012, ESPN reported. The price that Watson paid for the home was undisclosed. According to the Daily Mail, the original layout of the home pre-renovation included eight bedrooms, nine bathrooms and a swimming pool. The home measured 6,800 square feet, but Watson is reportedly expanding the size.
Watson told Golf.com that he wanted a home in a gated community to protect his family. “We’ve seen things in the news — our world is crazy,” he said. “And it’s nice to have that peace of mind when we take walks or go outside.”
Find homes for sale in Windermere, Fla., or search listings in your area.
Super Bowl Champ Ray Lewis Selling Palm Beach Trophy Home
Michael Jordan Buys Massive North Carolina Home for a Great Deal
Barry Bonds’ Beverly Hills Home Is a Real Estate Hall of Famer
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- March 2, 2018How Well Do You Know Your Rental Market?
- March 14, 2018How to Deal with Bad Neighbors at Your Rental Property
- February 19, 2018Free Digital Marketing Ideas for Filling Rental Vacancies
- March 7, 2018Best Property Management Conferences for Rental Professionals
- February 26, 2018What To Do If You Are Getting Evicted
- February 23, 2018Home Maintenance Tasks to Put on Your Spring To-Do List
- February 28, 2018The True Cost of Renting an Apartment
- March 15, 2018Rental Listings IFrame – Add Rental Listings To Your Website
- March 9, 20185 Ways to Set Yourself Up for Success as A New Landlord
- March 5, 2018The Facts About Fire Damage to Residential Properties
- March 1, 2018Co-renters Now Have Access to the Tenant Portal – New Feature
- February 21, 2018Landlords on Vacation? Yes, You Can!
- March 16, 201810 Things Nightmare Tenants Will Do
- March 12, 20185 Things to Look for When Searching for a New Apartment