Filed under: News, Celebrity Homes
It was long ago that Tiger Woods threw his Windermere, Fla., home — the site of that car crash in 2009 that tipped off revelations of his sex scandal — on the market. But we always wondered who it was that scooped up that scandalous piece of property. Now fellow golf champ Bubba Watson is giving us some answers: It was him.
Watson told Golf.com in an interview that he closed on Tiger’s former digs last summer and has been renovating the crap out of it ever since. The renovation has changed about 95 percent of the home’s layout, and only now are he, his wife and their son, Caleb, ready to move in. “I looked at probably 50 houses before I looked at Tiger’s,” Watson said. “A lot of the houses there are old, and we ended up changing everything. We probably saved maybe 5 percent of it. We built it all around Caleb. There are, like, three playrooms.”
Property records show that Tiger bought the home for $2.475 million in 2000, but it was assessed at $2.2 million in 2012, ESPN reported. The price that Watson paid for the home was undisclosed. According to the Daily Mail, the original layout of the home pre-renovation included eight bedrooms, nine bathrooms and a swimming pool. The home measured 6,800 square feet, but Watson is reportedly expanding the size.
Watson told Golf.com that he wanted a home in a gated community to protect his family. “We’ve seen things in the news — our world is crazy,” he said. “And it’s nice to have that peace of mind when we take walks or go outside.”
Find homes for sale in Windermere, Fla., or search listings in your area.
Super Bowl Champ Ray Lewis Selling Palm Beach Trophy Home
Michael Jordan Buys Massive North Carolina Home for a Great Deal
Barry Bonds’ Beverly Hills Home Is a Real Estate Hall of Famer
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- July 19, 2017The Dos and Don’ts of a Tenant Interview
- July 24, 2017What is the Federal Fair Housing Act?
- August 15, 2017Responsible Ways to Host a Pool Party at Your Apartment Complex
- August 4, 201710 Tips On Creating More Agile Property Management Teams
- August 11, 20175 Dollar Store Decor Items Every Renter Needs
- August 14, 2017My Tenant Has an Unauthorized Pet – Now What?
- July 31, 2017New Rental Laws for Connecticut Effective for 2017
- July 21, 2017Landlord-Tenant Laws About Rights to Air Conditioning
- August 9, 2017Do Your Tenants Have Long-Term Guests?
- August 2, 2017Safety Checklist For Rental Properties
- July 28, 2017Should My Roommate and I Get Joint-Coverage Renters Insurance?
- August 10, 2017Protecting Your Building from Elements that Can Make You Sick
- August 7, 2017Renter Quiz: What’s Your Dream Renter Score?
- July 25, 2017Allow Renters to Enter Account Info for Online Rent Payments – New Feature