Filed under: News
By Vera Gibbons
With spring rapidly approaching and longer, lighter days ahead, you’re likely anxious to renew and refresh. Here are some projects to consider:
Remodel your home. Jump on the remodeling bandwagon! For inspiration, look no further than Zillow Digs (free on iPad and the Web), where you can browse tens of thousands of photos and get estimated costs.
Get new doors/windows. Bonus: If you make energy-efficient improvements, you’ll not only save money long term, but you might additionally qualify for tax credits.
Paint. In many areas of the country, the best days for big painting projects are in the spring, when you can finally open the windows (rejoice!) without cold, uncomfortable drafts coming in. Why not give your home a whole new look with fun, vibrant colors to get you in the spirit for summer?!
Wipe out your closet. Are there things in there that you haven’t worn in two years? You know the rule: Toss! Consider selling to consignment or donating to charity and taking the tax break.
Organize your home office. A survey by Brother International shows that most office workers spend 30 minutes each week hunting for paperwork on a disorganized desk. Having a system will not only save you time and alleviate the stress, but likely save you money, too, as being sloppy typically results in things like late fees, higher interest rates and penalty rate increases.
See more on Zillow:
What’s In and What’s Out — Financially — This Year?
Bundle Services to Save Big
Buy, Rent or Share?
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- March 26, 201791 percent of seniors believe this Social Security practice should end, survey shows
- March 25, 2017With healthcare bill dead, U.S. Republicans turn to taxes
- March 23, 2017Despite drop in pending home sales, California Realtors positive on spring-buying season
- March 24, 2017NAHB: White House asked for our help to get Gorsuch on Supreme Court
- March 21, 2017How to improve your home with your tax refund
- March 25, 20178 of the most expensive real estate developments in American history
- March 24, 2017Placester continues growth with $50 million capital raise
- March 14, 2017Top 10 states for low or no income tax
- March 14, 2017White House: Trump paid $38 million in taxes on more than $150 million in income
- March 22, 2017IRS reveals the top tax scams of 2017
- March 16, 2017Avoid these 5 common tax-filing errors
- March 9, 2017This mistake makes you 21 times more likely to mess up your taxes
- March 15, 2017Trump reacts to speculation he leaked his own tax return: ‘Certainly not from the White House’
- March 26, 2017Trump just hinted at 2 potentially big changes to his income-tax proposal
- March 24, 2017Suburbs once again outgrowing cities after 10-year pause
- March 20, 2017Do you really want to own a second home?