Filed under: News, Buying, Selling
We know all about deceptive listings (we’re kind of experts) but this listing that was found on a Korean website takes it to a whole other level. Described, according to Japanese news blog RocketNews24, as a “stately residence complete with outdoor pool,” the listing comes with a stunning picture (above) of what looks like a very sizable infinity pool — that looks enticingly appropriate for some long, lazy laps — in the backyard of a beautifully traditional backyard.
Or so we think. Apparently, it’s not just descriptions we have to worry about — pictures lie, too! Because that very large-looking pool in reality looks like, well, this. (See below.)
Kudos to the listing’s photographer, however! His deceptive wide-angled photography (more like trickery!) could even be enough to get us to visit the property. Even more kudos to the listing site for publishing pictures of the pool as is. Let it serve as a warning for homebuyers — beware of listing photos!
See also: Deceptive Descriptions (Listing Fails)
Apartments That Are Stunningly Average
‘Cavernous’ Living Room in a Shoebox Apartment
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- February 16, 2018How to Save for A Home While Renting
- January 31, 2018Child-Proofing Your Rental Property
- February 13, 2018Rental Listings JSON API – Add Rental Listings to Your Custom Website
- February 9, 201810 Resident Event Ideas That You May Not Have Tried Before- Infographic
- January 24, 2018How to Avoid a Risky Rental Situation
- February 2, 2018Questions to Ask Your New Landlord – Before Signing a Lease
- February 12, 20185 Contractors a Landlord Can’t (and Shouldn’t) Live Without
- January 22, 2018Is it Legal to Evict a Renter During the Winter?
- February 14, 2018How to Breakup with Your Landlord
- February 8, 2018Fair Housing Laws and Social Media Tips for Landlords
- January 26, 2018Into The Breach! Protecting Your Data During Tax Season
- February 7, 2018Managing Roommates: Landlord Tips for Co-tenancy
- January 23, 2018Bank Synchronization and Enhanced Account Reconciliation Features
- January 29, 2018How Much Rent Should I Charge For My Investment Property?