Filed under: News, Buying, Selling
We know all about deceptive listings (we’re kind of experts) but this listing that was found on a Korean website takes it to a whole other level. Described, according to Japanese news blog RocketNews24, as a “stately residence complete with outdoor pool,” the listing comes with a stunning picture (above) of what looks like a very sizable infinity pool — that looks enticingly appropriate for some long, lazy laps — in the backyard of a beautifully traditional backyard.
Or so we think. Apparently, it’s not just descriptions we have to worry about — pictures lie, too! Because that very large-looking pool in reality looks like, well, this. (See below.)
Kudos to the listing’s photographer, however! His deceptive wide-angled photography (more like trickery!) could even be enough to get us to visit the property. Even more kudos to the listing site for publishing pictures of the pool as is. Let it serve as a warning for homebuyers — beware of listing photos!
See also: Deceptive Descriptions (Listing Fails)
Apartments That Are Stunningly Average
‘Cavernous’ Living Room in a Shoebox Apartment
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- March 24, 201720 best-selling books of 2017 from Amazon (so far)
- March 1, 2017Must-Do Spring Maintenance Tasks for Your Rentals- Infographic
- March 21, 2017Poll: 57% of Americans think Trump will affect their retirement strategy
- March 20, 2017Neil Gorsuch, Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, to go before the Senate Judiciary committee
- March 8, 2017CIA contractors likely source of latest WikiLeaks release: US officials
- March 24, 2017Trulia: Housing inventory tumbles to all-new low
- March 17, 2017Mortgage rates fall for Friday
- March 20, 2017Do you really want to own a second home?
- March 23, 2017US senators set bipartisan bill to tighten sanctions on Iran
- March 21, 2017US official: Trump administration weighing broad sanctions against North Korea
- March 23, 2017Help! A Tenant Died at My Rental Property, Now What?
- March 25, 2017House Republican completely shuts down Steve Bannon after being told they had ‘no choice’ in Trumpcare vote
- March 16, 201710 ways to make your bed the most comfortable place to sleep
- March 26, 2017The next state to legalize medical marijuana could be…Nebraska?
- March 27, 2017Airbnb user fined $1,000 for listing in Trump Tower
- March 10, 2017America has 3 new favorite fast-food chains — and 1 perennial love