Filed under: News, Selling
Taylor Moore, of Alberta, Canada, is hoping to be the first person ever to sell his home in Bitcoins: 6,750 Bitcoins, to be exact, or 405,000 Canadian dollars (about $395,000).
“My home is being traded for Bitcoins!” Moore’s listing reads. (The home is pictured at left.) “If you had $405k I wouldn’t turn you down — but if a partial or whole transaction is done using Bitcoins, the price can be reduced depending on how many Bitcoins you have to trade.”
For those not in the know, a Bitcoin is an experimental, decentralized digital currency that enables instant payments to anyone, anywhere in the world. (They can be purchased here.) In one of the first Bitcoin transactions ever, a man purportedly paid 10,000 Bitcoins for two pizzas in 2010. Depending on location, the exchange rate right now is about $50 to $70 per Bitcoin.
Moore says his “quaint, two bedroom bungalow” boasts beautiful mountain views and 110 feet of “breathtaking” Crowsnest River frontage. It also includes a 2,800-square-foot workshop that Moore says is perfect for the “handyman hobbyist.” The properties sit on 2.9 acres of land and is “perfect” for anyone who loves the great outdoors, Moore says. We dig it. Anyone have 6,750 Bitcoins they want to lend us?
See the listing here.
Home Won’t Sell? Offer a Pizza With the Purchase
What Can You Buy for $500,000?
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for rent in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- March 23, 2017London Parliament attacker was British-born, had been investigated in past
- March 8, 2017Report: Most US government websites don’t meet standards
- March 19, 2017North Korea’s Kim Jong Un says engine test is ‘new birth’ of rocket industry
- March 9, 2017‘Raw’ Is Not Well Done
- March 24, 2017New York Times and Washington Post reporters reveal Trump’s reaction in first calls after health care bill pulled
- March 21, 2017The world’s healthiest people eat lots of pasta
- March 20, 2017Neil Gorsuch, Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, to go before the Senate Judiciary committee
- March 10, 2017US economy adds 235,000 jobs in February
- March 14, 2017Thousands of flights canceled as major snowstorm threatens Northeast
- March 16, 2017Benchmark mortgage rate slides for Thursday
- March 9, 2017America’s engineers: Roads, rails, bridges crumbling before our eyes
- March 25, 2017Trump’s childhood home in New York City just sold for $2.1 million — take a look inside
- March 25, 2017House Republican completely shuts down Steve Bannon after being told they had ‘no choice’ in Trumpcare vote
- March 10, 20177 things your Uber driver wants you know
- March 7, 2017Mortgage rates rise for Tuesday
- March 26, 2017Elon Musk reveals how much sleep he gets each night