Filed under: News, Celebrity Homes
By Rob Bear
Hunky movie star Chris Evans — perhaps best known as Captain America — paid some $3.52 million for a recently renovated midcentury ranch in the Laurel Canyon neighborhood of the Hollywood Hills.
The 4,600-square-foot house was purchased by a flipper in June for $1.9 million. That owner completely renovated the three-bedroom pad, adding an updated kitchen, refinishing the floors, and generally gussying up the otherwise typical home.
That work paid off, as the house was listed for $3.5 million and eventually sold to Evans over ask, amid a flurry of bids. The swimming pool and several outdoor entertaining spaces enjoy gobsmacking views of L.A., which may help to explain the profit reaped from such superficial upgrades.
See more on Curbed:
Domed American Thread Penthouse Now $1 Million More
Cape Cod Beach House to Be Sold by Architect’s Descendants
Buffalo Honey Bees Move Up to Shimmering Skyscraper
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- March 24, 2017NAHB: White House asked for our help to get Gorsuch on Supreme Court
- March 22, 2017HGTV gives hit ‘Fixer Upper’ a spinoff, finds ‘Flip or Flop’ solution
- March 6, 2017Robert Osborne, Host Of Turner Classic Movies, Dies At 84
- March 8, 2017Why Didn’t I Learn This in School: The Financed Family
- March 7, 2017Israel’s women combat soldiers on frontline of battle for equality
- March 13, 2017Researchers say there may be $140M worth of Confederate gold at the bottom of Lake Michigan
- March 23, 2017US senators set bipartisan bill to tighten sanctions on Iran
- March 26, 2017The next state to legalize medical marijuana could be…Nebraska?
- March 23, 2017Islamic State claims responsibility for UK Parliament attack
- March 24, 2017Consumers misled about value of some credit scores, feds say
- March 3, 2017Mortgage rates increase for Friday
- March 8, 2017GOP’s Obamacare repeal and replace plan could cost $600B
- March 22, 2017Cash back cards become more generous with rewards
- March 19, 2017You can buy this town for under $4 million
- March 26, 201791 percent of seniors believe this Social Security practice should end, survey shows
- March 17, 2017US issues warning against spring break travel to Mexico