Filed under: News, Celebrity Homes, House of the Day
By Erika Riggs
For sale: a home literally built on sweat and difficult workouts. Jillian Michaels, the raspy-voiced trainer who built a fitness empire through workout books, videos and starring on NBC’s “The Biggest Loser,” just listed her house for $2.45 million.
The listing doesn’t include an indoor gym in the description, but with an open floor plan and well-landscaped yard, the house certainly has plenty of space for Michaels to hone her nationally-acclaimed weight-loss techniques.
According to property records, Michaels bought the home, located at 2180 Groveland Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90046, for $1.565 million in 2008. Measuring 2,701 square feet with 3 beds and 4 baths, the property has the kind of modern amenities you would expect in a celeb home: a security system with cameras, a pre-wired sound system and a modern kitchen with sleek marble counters.
While Michaels also owns another home – a 2-bedroom she picked up in 2005 – it’s unclear which has been her primary residence. Michaels and her partner, Heidi Rhoades, have two children, but both houses may be on the smaller side for raising their family of four.
With Michaels’ continued success as a fitness guru – both on TV and through her books – she won’t have a problem picking up a new, bigger home. Of course, it will require her staying in one place long enough to do some house shopping, which may be hard in between stops on her “Maximize Your Life” tour.
More on Zillow:
Reese Witherspoon is Girl Next Door with Third Brentwood Home Purchase
David Hasselhoff Sells Longtime Home
‘Ozzie and Harriet’ House – Also Featured on ‘Entourage’ – for Sale
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- March 24, 2017NAHB: White House asked for our help to get Gorsuch on Supreme Court
- March 22, 2017Here are the top 10 metros for single-family rental investors
- March 22, 2017Experts: Don’t read too deep into February’s existing home sales drop
- March 23, 2017Despite drop in pending home sales, California Realtors positive on spring-buying season
- March 24, 2017Value of housing market hits 10-year high
- March 22, 2017CoreLogic: Paying cash for houses lowest in nearly 10 years
- March 22, 2017Existing home sales come down off 10-year high
- March 23, 2017U-Shaped skyscraper proposed for NYC to be ‘World’s Longest Building’
- March 23, 2017These 4 charts break down the details behind Millennials living at home
- March 24, 2017Trulia: Housing inventory tumbles to all-new low
- March 19, 2017Top 5 places to live in Central Florida
- March 13, 2017An intense cold snap turned this waterfront home into a striking ice castle
- March 20, 2017Do you really want to own a second home?
- March 22, 2017Millennials would really prefer to live in these 10 cities
- March 24, 2017Suburbs once again outgrowing cities after 10-year pause
- March 7, 2017Wildfires kill at least six across Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas