Filed under: News
By Rob Bear
Location: Wilmington, Del.
The Skinny: The one and only Delaware house designed by iconic American architect Frank Lloyd Wright, the Dudley Spencer House, completed in 1958, was listed last month for $1.35 million. Tucked away on more than six acres, amid a dense stand of old-growth trees, the low-slung structure houses three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and ample indoor and outdoor entertaining space. The furnishings, particularly a pair of dated, overstuffed couches, detract from the architecture, but that’s nothing that a new owner couldn’t address, plus there is still plenty of built-in furniture designed by Wright. That the listing is lacking photos of the kitchen suggests that it is either in original condition, and thus poorly suited to the needs of a modern cook, or that it has been garishly overhauled. Still, the Spencer House is notable as one of Wright’s latest commissions; he passed away in April 1959.
This story was originally published on Curbed.
See the listing for more details.
Find more homes for sale in Wilmington, Del., or search listings in your area.
See more on Curbed:
German Power Plant Goes Incognito as a Garden Hedge
Composer John Philip Sousa’s Former Home Relisted for $28.9M
Here, Have a Look at Atlanta’s Most Utterly Insane Beds
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- March 24, 2017NAHB: White House asked for our help to get Gorsuch on Supreme Court
- March 23, 2017U-Shaped skyscraper proposed for NYC to be ‘World’s Longest Building’
- March 7, 2017Fed to make sequential hikes until ‘something breaks’: Gundlach
- March 22, 2017CoreLogic: Paying cash for houses lowest in nearly 10 years
- March 22, 2017Here are the top 10 metros for single-family rental investors
- March 24, 2017Trulia: Housing inventory tumbles to all-new low
- March 23, 2017Despite drop in pending home sales, California Realtors positive on spring-buying season
- March 22, 2017Experts: Don’t read too deep into February’s existing home sales drop
- March 23, 2017These 4 charts break down the details behind Millennials living at home
- March 24, 2017Value of housing market hits 10-year high
- March 22, 2017Millennials would really prefer to live in these 10 cities
- March 21, 2017Mortgage rates fall for Tuesday
- March 24, 2017Suburbs once again outgrowing cities after 10-year pause
- March 21, 2017Refinance rates slide for Tuesday
- March 22, 2017Mortgage rates move lower for Wednesday
- March 22, 2017HGTV gives hit ‘Fixer Upper’ a spinoff, finds ‘Flip or Flop’ solution