Filed under: Design, Home Improvement, Selling
Whether you’re sprucing up your home to sell or just want to give it a quality makeover, consider adding touch-ups that will boost your home’s value — and help you get a higher price when you do eventually put it on the market.
As Blanche Garcia (pictured at left) explains to Howcast, you should focus on your kitchen countertop and appliances, wall colors and flooring. Granite or stone countertops are always the way to go, Garcia advises. You might think you’re saving money by going with cheaper laminate variety but these types of countertops typically don’t outlast a year. And if you have outdated kitchen appliances, consider getting them replaced. They speak greater volumes to perspective homebuyers than you might think.
Want more advice on value-driving renovations? To find out what color never to use in the bedroom and which type of flooring works the best, check out the video above.
See more on home makeovers:
Spring Home Makeover Don’ts: HGTV’s Sabrina Soto On Big Mistakes
Tyler Leone, Disabled Teen, Gets Home Makeover That Will Change His Life
Listing Fail: Even ‘Ugly’ Homes Need Buyers
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find homes for rent.
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- April 4, 2017Fed honcho quits; is a shakeup coming?
- April 8, 2017Search underway for cruise ship passenger who went overboard
- April 4, 2017These 10 companies control everything you buy
- April 14, 20175 Earth Day Ideas for Your Multifamily Property- Infographic
- March 30, 2017Where does the poop go? Your tiny home sewage questions, answered
- April 3, 201713 states without pension or Social Security taxes
- April 18, 2017Refinance rates slide for Tuesday
- March 28, 2017Refinance rates fall for Tuesday
- April 15, 20176 ways to upgrade your pancakes
- April 24, 2017First American: Home affordability slips in February
- April 25, 2017Consumer confidence slips lower in April
- April 12, 2017Renters view down payment as largest barrier to homeownership
- April 7, 201710 jobs with the biggest share of senior workers
- March 30, 2017Refinance mortgage rate ticks higher for Thursday
- March 28, 2017Embattled DNC asks all staffers for resignation letters
- April 14, 2017Redfin: These are the best college towns to buy an investment property