Filed under: Design, Home Improvement, Selling
Whether you’re sprucing up your home to sell or just want to give it a quality makeover, consider adding touch-ups that will boost your home’s value — and help you get a higher price when you do eventually put it on the market.
As Blanche Garcia (pictured at left) explains to Howcast, you should focus on your kitchen countertop and appliances, wall colors and flooring. Granite or stone countertops are always the way to go, Garcia advises. You might think you’re saving money by going with cheaper laminate variety but these types of countertops typically don’t outlast a year. And if you have outdated kitchen appliances, consider getting them replaced. They speak greater volumes to perspective homebuyers than you might think.
Want more advice on value-driving renovations? To find out what color never to use in the bedroom and which type of flooring works the best, check out the video above.
See more on home makeovers:
Spring Home Makeover Don’ts: HGTV’s Sabrina Soto On Big Mistakes
Tyler Leone, Disabled Teen, Gets Home Makeover That Will Change His Life
Listing Fail: Even ‘Ugly’ Homes Need Buyers
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find homes for rent.
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- March 15, 2018Rental Listings IFrame – Add Rental Listings To Your Website
- March 7, 2018Best Property Management Conferences for Rental Professionals
- March 14, 2018How to Deal with Bad Neighbors at Your Rental Property
- February 23, 2018Home Maintenance Tasks to Put on Your Spring To-Do List
- March 1, 2018Co-renters Now Have Access to the Tenant Portal – New Feature
- March 16, 201810 Things Nightmare Tenants Will Do
- February 28, 2018The True Cost of Renting an Apartment
- March 2, 2018How Well Do You Know Your Rental Market?
- February 21, 2018Landlords on Vacation? Yes, You Can!
- March 12, 20185 Things to Look for When Searching for a New Apartment
- March 9, 20185 Ways to Set Yourself Up for Success as A New Landlord
- March 5, 2018The Facts About Fire Damage to Residential Properties
- February 26, 2018What To Do If You Are Getting Evicted