Filed under: Design, Home Improvement, Selling
Whether you’re sprucing up your home to sell or just want to give it a quality makeover, consider adding touch-ups that will boost your home’s value — and help you get a higher price when you do eventually put it on the market.
As Blanche Garcia (pictured at left) explains to Howcast, you should focus on your kitchen countertop and appliances, wall colors and flooring. Granite or stone countertops are always the way to go, Garcia advises. You might think you’re saving money by going with cheaper laminate variety but these types of countertops typically don’t outlast a year. And if you have outdated kitchen appliances, consider getting them replaced. They speak greater volumes to perspective homebuyers than you might think.
Want more advice on value-driving renovations? To find out what color never to use in the bedroom and which type of flooring works the best, check out the video above.
See more on home makeovers:
Spring Home Makeover Don’ts: HGTV’s Sabrina Soto On Big Mistakes
Tyler Leone, Disabled Teen, Gets Home Makeover That Will Change His Life
Listing Fail: Even ‘Ugly’ Homes Need Buyers
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find homes for rent.
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- August 28, 20175 Reasons Your Rental Property Is Still Vacant
- September 11, 2017How Much Does Tenant Turnover Really Cost?
- August 23, 2017Types of Rental Property Owners That Will Grow Your PM Business
- September 8, 20175 Must-Dos For Making A Great First Impression With Your Tenants
- September 2, 2017Renters’ Rights Dealing with Flood Damage In Texas
- September 13, 2017Landlord Insurance vs. Homeowners Insurance
- August 25, 20175 Signs It’s Time To Fire Your Property Manager
- September 6, 2017Hurricane Safety for Landlords and Renters
- August 30, 2017Top Tenant Complaints and How to Handle Them
- August 21, 2017How to Have a Stress Free Moving Day
- September 1, 2017Autumn Prep for Rental Properties: Infographic
- September 12, 2017The Beginning of the End of America as We Knew It