Filed under: News, Celebrity Homes
By Cristin Zweig
Jim Carrey has said “alriiiighty then!” to an offer on his beachfront Malibu Colony home. Property records show that the funnyman sold the crib for $13.4 million, which is less than the $13.95 million he had originally hoped to bag for the home. While most celebs are moving into Malibu as summer heats up, Carrey is going against the grain and departing the celebrity-infested area.
The just-sold home has five bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms and 2,866 square feet of living space, and it’s situated on one of the best sections of sandy beach in coveted Malibu Colony. According to public records, Carrey bought the home in 2002 for $9.75 million, which means he made a pretty penny on the sale. Let’s dig into the details on his just-ditched home:
Sun-drenched and spacious, the living areas have a seamless flow with an open kitchen, dining, living, and family room all leading to the expansive deck with removable privacy walls. A spectacular upstairs ocean-front master suite features a fireplace, balcony, beautifully appointed master bath and generous walk-in closet. Three additional bedrooms upstairs are situated to afford each room maximum privacy. A large rooftop viewing deck with spa tub and mood lights is perfect for enjoying the surf, sunset and mountains.
We can’t say we understand why Carrey wants out of Malibu, but we’ll keep our eyes on his next real estate move.
See more celebrity homes on Trulia’s Luxe Living blog.
Find homes for sale in Malibu, Calif., or search listings in your area.
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find rental housing in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- March 29, 2017Dear lenders, we need more young talent in mortgage finance
- March 18, 201714 countries that are the most optimistic about the future
- March 24, 2017Here’s how much you have to earn to be considered middle class
- March 22, 2017Mortgage rates move lower for Wednesday
- March 9, 2017Mortgage rates increase for Thursday
- March 16, 2017How to minimize the cost of a cash advance
- March 28, 2017Embattled DNC asks all staffers for resignation letters
- March 9, 2017‘Raw’ Is Not Well Done
- March 26, 2017John Kasich: I ‘just don’t see’ running for president again
- March 9, 2017Macy’s just signaled the end of department stores as we know them
- March 23, 2017Woman stranded in remote desert for 5 days shares how she survived
- March 22, 2017North Korea missile test fails, US and South say, as tensions simmer
- March 13, 2017These are the only vegetables you should buy frozen
- March 6, 2017Mortgage rates increase for Monday
- March 22, 2017Experts: Don’t read too deep into February’s existing home sales drop
- March 22, 2017CoreLogic: Paying cash for houses lowest in nearly 10 years