Filed under: News, Celebrity Homes
By Cristin Zweig
Jim Carrey has said “alriiiighty then!” to an offer on his beachfront Malibu Colony home. Property records show that the funnyman sold the crib for $13.4 million, which is less than the $13.95 million he had originally hoped to bag for the home. While most celebs are moving into Malibu as summer heats up, Carrey is going against the grain and departing the celebrity-infested area.
The just-sold home has five bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms and 2,866 square feet of living space, and it’s situated on one of the best sections of sandy beach in coveted Malibu Colony. According to public records, Carrey bought the home in 2002 for $9.75 million, which means he made a pretty penny on the sale. Let’s dig into the details on his just-ditched home:
Sun-drenched and spacious, the living areas have a seamless flow with an open kitchen, dining, living, and family room all leading to the expansive deck with removable privacy walls. A spectacular upstairs ocean-front master suite features a fireplace, balcony, beautifully appointed master bath and generous walk-in closet. Three additional bedrooms upstairs are situated to afford each room maximum privacy. A large rooftop viewing deck with spa tub and mood lights is perfect for enjoying the surf, sunset and mountains.
We can’t say we understand why Carrey wants out of Malibu, but we’ll keep our eyes on his next real estate move.
See more celebrity homes on Trulia’s Luxe Living blog.
Find homes for sale in Malibu, Calif., or search listings in your area.
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find rental housing in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- February 16, 2018How to Save for A Home While Renting
- January 29, 2018How Much Rent Should I Charge For My Investment Property?
- February 2, 2018Questions to Ask Your New Landlord – Before Signing a Lease
- February 14, 2018How to Breakup with Your Landlord
- February 12, 20185 Contractors a Landlord Can’t (and Shouldn’t) Live Without
- January 31, 2018Child-Proofing Your Rental Property
- February 13, 2018Rental Listings JSON API – Add Rental Listings to Your Custom Website
- February 7, 2018Managing Roommates: Landlord Tips for Co-tenancy
- January 22, 2018Is it Legal to Evict a Renter During the Winter?
- February 21, 2018Landlords on Vacation? Yes, You Can!
- January 26, 2018Into The Breach! Protecting Your Data During Tax Season
- February 19, 2018Free Digital Marketing Ideas for Filling Rental Vacancies
- February 9, 201810 Resident Event Ideas That You May Not Have Tried Before- Infographic
- February 8, 2018Fair Housing Laws and Social Media Tips for Landlords
- January 23, 2018Bank Synchronization and Enhanced Account Reconciliation Features
- January 24, 2018How to Avoid a Risky Rental Situation