Filed under: News, Celebrity Homes
By Eve Bachrach
Listed for: $13.9 million
Listed on: February 16, 2013 (though it’s been on and off the market since 2008)
Sold for: $12.9 million
Size: Nine beds and nine and a half baths in 10,000 square feet. The estate sits on 2.5 acres.
Location: 14209 Evans Road, Pacific Palisades
The Lowdown: The nine bedrooms aren’t all under one roof–there are two guest suites plus a guest house in addition to six bedrooms in the big house. Which is perhaps relevant when you consider that this house was owned by Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver “during the time period in which the housekeeper he carried on an affair with became pregnant,” according to Forbes.
There are “magnificent public rooms, including step-down living room with high-beamed ceilings/projection room, and gourmet kitchen with commercial appliances” inside, and a pool and tennis court in addition to landscaped gardens out. If the 2.5 acres of “park-like grounds” isn’t enough for you, the house has direct access to actual park Will Rogers.
See more on Curbed:
German Power Plant Goes Incognito as a Garden Hedge
Composer John Philip Sousa’s Former Home Relisted for $28.9M
Here, Have a Look at Atlanta’s Most Utterly Insane Beds
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- March 9, 2017This must-read could help skyrocket your net-worth
- March 14, 2017Mortgage rates move higher for Tuesday
- March 29, 2017Reuters/Ipsos poll: Republicans mostly blame Congress for healthcare reform failure
- March 23, 2017Alliant offers a 3% cash-back reward, the best in credit cards
- March 30, 2017Capital Economics: Will President Trump’s regulation changes boost housing starts?
- March 9, 2017Removing the screws from your door could help stop a burglar from breaking in
- March 12, 2017Dog helps care for tiger cubs after they are ignored by mother
- March 29, 2017BARCLAYS: Amazon is probably going to be one of the first ‘trillion-dollar’ companies
- March 10, 2017The truth about whether we really need daylight saving time
- March 24, 2017Consumers misled about value of some credit scores, feds say
- March 26, 2017At least one dead in Las Vegas Strip shooting (Report)
- March 23, 2017These 4 charts break down the details behind Millennials living at home
- March 19, 2017North Korea’s Kim Jong Un says engine test is ‘new birth’ of rocket industry
- March 28, 2017ATTOM launches new housing marketing product
- March 27, 2017David Bowie’s former NYC apartment hits the market for $6.5 million
- March 30, 2017ATTOM: First quarter sees lowest home affordability since 2009