Filed under: News, Celebrity Homes
By Shauntel Lowe
Ann Romney was a surprise speaker at Tuesday’s San Diego City Council meeting, accusing city officials of providing inaccurate information about her plan to redevelop a La Jolla beachfront home.
The wife (pictured at left) of former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney — who took heat for the couple’s plans to include a car elevator in the redeveloped home — spoke for about two minutes during the public comment portion of the meeting, as first reported by San Diego blogger Gayle Falkenthal at The Washington Times.
“Noting that she ‘and my husband, Mitt’ strongly support transparent government and public participation, she urged council members ‘to make sure that stronger protections are put in place so that in the future, permits are processed efficiently and correctly and the public is afforded the proper notice and opportunity to be heard,’ ” Falkenthal wrote.
Read the rest of the story at La Jolla Patch.
More about the Romneys’ homes:
Romney’s ‘Housing Plan’ Already Making an Impact in La Jolla
Mitt Romney: My 3,000-Square-Foot House Is Too Small
Barack Obama’s and Mitt Romney’s Homes
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
Permalink | Email this | Comments
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- March 24, 2017NAHB: White House asked for our help to get Gorsuch on Supreme Court
- March 14, 2017White House: Trump paid $38 million in taxes on more than $150 million in income
- March 15, 2017These world leaders are wealthier than President Trump
- March 19, 2017SPECIAL REPORT: Russian elite invested nearly $100 million in Trump buildings, records show
- March 23, 2017Despite drop in pending home sales, California Realtors positive on spring-buying season
- March 24, 2017Suburbs once again outgrowing cities after 10-year pause
- March 23, 2017Some Mexicans want to retaliate against Trump by boycotting a $2.5B export
- March 23, 2017These 4 charts break down the details behind Millennials living at home
- March 15, 2017Hillary Clinton exploring running for mayor of New York City: report
- March 22, 2017North Korea missile test fails, US and South say, as tensions simmer
- March 11, 2017Trump says U.S. Secret Service did ‘fantastic job’ stopping intruder
- March 11, 2017Man faces 10-year sentence after scaling White House fence
- March 15, 2017Trump reacts to speculation he leaked his own tax return: ‘Certainly not from the White House’
- March 20, 2017Ivanka Trump to get West Wing office
- March 8, 2017GOP’s Obamacare repeal and replace plan could cost $600B
- March 7, 20176 ways the new health care reform bill would affect your wallet