As a landlord, to maximise a cash return on your rental property investments, it’s important to have the right type of waterproofing. Making low cost cosmetic improvements are all well and good but with the threat of increasing flood alerts, waterproofing can make the difference between success or failure regarding your investment. Needless to say, implementing quality waterproofing solutions will also help to attract a better tenant who may be prepared to pay a higher rental premium.
Cut back on roof repairs
Have you ever wondered why your rental properties need so many roof repairs? Choosing the cheapest roof options during a renovation process will almost certainly lead to problems in the future. Over a period of time a roof waterproofing membrane can become damaged due to:-
- High winds
- Exposure to the sun
- Heavy and persistent rain
When a roof waterproofing membrane is left in a state of disrepair it won’t take long for the following to happen:-
- Water leaks
- Rotten roof beams
- Patches of damp
- Rotten materials on ceilings
Of course, there is also the potential of health hazards to your tenants which you may be held liable for should they have to be admitted into hospital. Ignoring waterproofing issues will also decrease the value of your investment significantly if you wish to sell at a later date.
Waterproofing, handy hints, tips and advice
Don’t let waterproofing problems get out of hand, act today to protect your rental properties investment. Read on to find out more about positive waterproofing guides:-
- Avoid cheap waterproofing options which won’t stand the test of time. Invest wisely now to save money in the future.
- Always use a certified and experienced professional to do your waterproofing. It may cost you a little more cash but it will ensure a job well done.
- Spend some time contacting waterproofing manufacturers to benefit from the latest products at the best price. Established waterproofing specialists will also know what materials are suitable for your particular rental properties.
- If you have major waterproofing repairs to deal with, call in the experts. They will be able to check the design of your property to identify defaults in the building work that could be causing the problem. If the build wasn’t right in the first place, then faults will soon appear.
- It’s also worth remembering when buying any type of property you get what you pay for. This also applies to waterproofing. If you pay a small amount to get the job done you will inevitably get little or virtually nothing in return.
It is definitely worth investing in waterproofing solutions for your rental properties. Bear in mind however that unless you are an expert in the field, waterproofing projects are best left to the professionals. Experts can provide a wide range of waterproofing services whatever type of property rental you have. Why not arrange a waterproofing specialist to do an on-site survey and provide you with a quotation for:-
- Green roof repairs
- Wall cladding
- Drainage systems
- Structural decking
- Structural wall composites
- Membrane line to existing gutters
- Timber cladding
- Water containment solutions
Check out online before and after waterproofing solutions project galleries so you can see what to expect when fully qualified tradesmen address the issues. The good news is no waterproofing job is too big or too small for recommended online firms.
Look after your investment
Many landlords spend substantial amounts of money on buying properties to rent. Why allow waterproofing problems to destroy your investment when online companies can provide the right solutions?