Gene Demby of NPR’s Code Switch team is in our fourth chair this week as we start by trying to make sense of all our reactions to HBO’s new drama The Young Pope. The cardinals! The intrigue! The smoking! The … unexpected animal cameos! It’s a really interesting show that has us a little perplexed in places, so please join us as we try to figure out whether we like it or not.
We do like Hell Or High Water, the 2016 modern western starring Chris Pine, Ben Foster and Jeff Bridges. Even if you’re not a fan of westerns or movies about bank robbers, it’s grounded by great performances both large and small, and it intersects with current financial policy issues in a very interesting way.
As always, we close the show with what’s making us happy this week. Stephen is happy about another entry in his March To The Oscars, Glen is happy about a comic and a Netflix show, Gene is happy about a comedy series he also found on Netflix, and I am happy about a stand-up special — which is also on Netflix. (These are the coincidences that arise when you don’t talk in advance about who’s happy about what, by the way. It wasn’t, like, Be Happy About Netflix Week.)
Find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter: the show, me, Stephen, Glen, Gene, producer Jessica, and producer emeritus and pal for life Mike.
Latest Related Posts on AtHomeSense.com
- March 16, 2017How to minimize the cost of a cash advance
- March 17, 2017Buying a car? Don’t fall for the Patriot Act credit check scam
- March 22, 2017Costco now delivers to your door
- March 21, 2017The world’s healthiest people eat lots of pasta
- March 9, 2017Refinance rates move up for Thursday
- March 14, 2017White House: Trump paid $38 million in taxes on more than $150 million in income
- March 14, 2017Seattle Landlords Sue City Over New “First Come, First Serve” Rental Law
- March 20, 2017Bank of America’s CEO just answered an important riddle for shareholders
- March 22, 2017Cash back cards become more generous with rewards
- March 19, 2017You can buy this town for under $4 million
- March 16, 2017Baby dachshund getting a face massage is the only thing you need to see today
- March 9, 2017Removing the screws from your door could help stop a burglar from breaking in
- March 11, 2017Study: Hillary Clinton’s election loss likely due in part to poorly run campaign, advertising
- March 23, 2017U-Shaped skyscraper proposed for NYC to be ‘World’s Longest Building’
- March 7, 2017The Republican health care plan is out. Should you worry?
- March 21, 2017The cost of living in San Francisco is so high, a tech company is paying workers $10,000 to leave